- First Bet Refund
- Daily Odds Boosts
- Irush Rewards Loyalty Program
BetRivers is a relatively young and independent sports betting operator, but it competes effectively with the nation’s most prominent corporate players. Its sharp business acumen and quality mobile betting platform are just two key drivers of its success to date.
The BetRivers bonus also plays a significant role in its ability to grab market share. In addition, BetRivers drives innovation as one of the first operators to launch live streaming sports broadcasts to accompany its diverse betting markets, generous loyalty program, and social features.
Currently, BetRivers offers new bettors a chance to place their first wager and get a refund worth up to $500 if it loses. The BetRivers Sportsbook bonus is simple, but it provides significant value to new users.
BetRivers Bonus Code: Second Chance Bet up to $500
BetRivers offers a second chance first bet worth up to $500 for all all new customers plus frequent short-term promos for existing users. In addition, customers can leverage the iRush Rewards VIP program to earn additional rewards and other perks.
New Customers: Up to $500 First Bet Refund
- Promo code: BUSA
- Eligible states: AZ, CO, CT, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, NJ, PA, VA, and WV
- Bonus Amount: up to $500
- Rollover requirement: None
New BetRivers Sportsbook customers who sign up for an account with the BetRivers affiliate code “BUSA” and make a deposit of at least $10 qualify for a 100% first bet refund offer. In short, anyone who places a wager that loses automatically receives a second chance bet of equal value worth up to $500.
The BetRivers bonus works like most offers, except it has zero wagering requirements. Anyone who places a first wager and loses receives their bonus bet and may immediately use it to win withdrawable cash. As a result, the BetRivers betting bonus provides more value than most even if it’s $500 cap is below average.
New users must deposit at least $10 and place a bet to qualify. If they win, they receive nothing extra but may keep their winnings as normal. If it loses, they’ll get a second chance bet worth up to $500 that they must use within 30 days of receipt. The only caveat is that customers may only use their bet credits on markets with odds of -200 or longer (-190, +120, +200, +300, etc.).
BetRivers Bonus Pros
1. No wagering requirement
Online sportsbooks are not in the business of giving away something for nothing, but BetRivers’ offer is about as close as it gets. Its lack of a wagering requirement is nearly unprecedented in the sports betting industry, with 5x, 10x, or even 20x being the norm.
Instead, anyone who claims the BetRivers bonus and receives a refund may use their second chance bet immediately on any sport to win withdrawable cash. The bonus bet itself is non-withdrawable, but bettors can cash out anything they win by wagering it.
2. Generous bonus terms
Bettors must use their bonus within 30 days of receipt, which is longer than most first bet refund offers. That means bettors who qualify for refunds can take the time they need to find the best opportunity to use their bonus bets.
In addition, the flexibility of BetRivers second chance bets further assists bettors in finding advantageous wagers. Customers can use their bet credits on any sport or market as long as it has odds of -200 or longer. That means heavy favorites are off the menu, but every other type of wager is open for action.
All in all, it makes for a very beginner-friendly bonus. The most important thing bettors need to keep in mind is they must wager their bonus within 30 days, or it will expire.
3. Low upfront investment
New BetRivers customers only need to deposit $10 or more to qualify for its welcome bonus. After funding their accounts, bettors can place a wager of any size to claim their refund should it lose. Recreational bettors who don’t plan to wager large sums still benefit from the bonus, while high rollers can get up to $500 back.
BetRivers Deposit Bonus Cons
The most significant drawback of the BetRivers Sportsbook bonus is that it maxes out at $500, which is significantly lower than some other offers. However, BetRivers’ generous bonus terms offset the low cap.
Additionally, bettors can withdraw their winnings with no further commitments. Anyone who receives a refund can use it on any sport they want, and any winnings they earn with it are as good as cash.
A minor downside is that bettors can only claim the BetRivers bonus once, even if they sign up for accounts in other states. In other words, if you usually bet in Illinois and travel to Indiana, you won’t be able to pick up an additional $500 second chance bet.
Where does the BetRivers Sign-Up Bonus rank?
The BetRivers bonus ranks number one in the industry because there just aren’t many negatives. It’s not a very flashy bonus, but it its lack of wagering requirements and 30-day window give it a significant advantage over most other offers.
However, the BetRivers bonus has a lower cap than most. Other sportsbooks offer up to $1,000 back, but the downside to those offers is they almost always have additional wagering requirements that hurt their utility. In comparison, the BetRivers bonus provides more flexibility and doesn’t force users to place additional wagers. In addition, the BetRivers bonus feeds into what we consider to be the most rewarding customer loyalty program in the industry, iRush Rewards.
Those advantages push the BetRivers bonus into the number one spot for everyone except bettors who intend to place first wagers larger than $500. Anyone who plans to bet more than $500 may want to look elsewhere.
Other BetRivers Promotions
In addition to the welcome bonus, BetRivers customers may take advantage of the occasional short-term promotion related to the day’s current events.
One recurring theme at BetRivers is a list of daily odds boosts that give customers more bang for their buck. Each day, users can log in to their BetRivers accounts to find the day’s enhanced odds offers in which the standard betting odds are improved temporarily, such as from +125 to +200 on select wagering markets.
Aside from that, BetRivers is not particularly strong on promos for existing customers compared to the competition. Even during major events such as the Super Bowl, BetRivers tends to offer fewer specials than other major sportsbooks. However, a generous VIP program helps to offset the lackluster ongoing promos.
BetRivers VIP Program
BetRivers runs a VIP program for all customers called iRush Rewards. Under iRush Rewards, customers earn Loyalty Level Points (LLPs) and Bonus Store Points (BSPs) for every real money wager they place.
LLPs determine each customer’s rank in the 11-step VIP program. As customers earn LLPs, they move up through the various VIP levels to unlock ever more valuable rewards, such as bonus store access, birthday gifts, VIP dinners, and more.
Customers also earn BSPs simultaneously as they place wagers. As bettors accumulate BSPs, they can redeem them for instant cash bonuses or spin the wheel for random prizes.
BetRivers Deposit Methods
Sports betting regulations in each state allow licensed sportsbooks to accept deposits through all the most common methods. BetRivers accepts the following deposit options, although availability varies by state.
- Credit and Debit: Visa, Mastercard, and Discover accepted
- VIP Preferred: This is an ACH eCheck that moves money directly from the customer’s bank account to their betting account
- Online Banking: Use the customer’s existing online banking feature to authorize a transfer of funds without revealing private banking details – works with most major banks
- PayPal: Transfer funds from a PayPal balance to the customer’s betting account
- Cash: Customers may select this option to receive a VanillaDirect barcode, take it to a nearby participating store and pay with cash
- BetRivers Play+ Card: This option allows customers to sign up for a Play+ account to make instant online deposits and receive a prepaid card they can use to receive withdrawals, withdraw cash at ATMs, and make purchases in-person anywhere Discover is accepted
- Cash at the Cage: Customers may fund their accounts and receive cash payouts in person at Rivers Casino Des Plaines
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
- Second Chance Bet Up To $500
BetRivers Customer Support
BetRivers offers live chat customer support daily from 9:30 AM to 2 AM EST, plus e-mail support and an extensive knowledge base. The knowledge base is one of the most thorough, making it easy to find answers to most questions. However, the lack of 24/7 phone support is a miss.
State regulations require all licensed betting sites to meet specific security standards “including but not limited to” network security, identity verification, location detection, error detection, and data security. Additionally, licensed operators are required to keep records of all wagers for at least ten years.
On a more practical level, BetRivers provides encrypted communications between its servers and customers. Additionally, the platform provides customers with additional security features such as:
- Two-factor authentication: Customers can activate two-factor authentication when signing up or by visiting the settings area. When active, two-factor authentication sends a temporary authentication code to the player’s registered e-mail address when a login is attempted. The person trying to log in must enter that code, or BetRivers will deny access
- Login notifications: BetRivers notifies customers every time they successfully log in to their accounts, which helps detect unauthorized logins. This feature is enabled by default, but users may disable it at any time.
BetRivers Responsible Gaming Options
BetRivers sportsbook provides customers with the following responsible gaming features.
- Deposit limits: Restrict the amount deposited per day, week, or month
- Spending limits: Set a maximum loss allowed per day, week, or month
- Time limits: Restrict the number of hours a player may spend logged in per day
- Wagering limits: Restrict the total amount wagered per day, week, or month
- Self-Exclusion: Customers log in to BetRivers, visit “My Account” ->“Responsible Gaming” -> “Self-exclusion” to restrict themselves from all online gambling for a period of 1 or 5 years. This decision cannot be reversed.
Wes Burns co-founded BettingBonuses.com to help bettors clearly understand offers and promotions at legal online sportsbooks and betting sites. Wes has worked in the regulated online betting industry since 2008.